Thursday, April 26, 2012

Yesterday I came home from a two-week trip. I miss my grandchildren so much when I am gone my husband knew we had to stop at my daughters house on the way home so I could get some little hugs. I have to mention that she runs a daycare out of her home so I get many hugs from all the daycare children who call me Grandma. It is so fun, they all run and hug me and tell me how much they missed me. I love them too. The one daycare child that is actually mine was very upset. Her big sister moved out when I was gone, not a wise decision on her part, but what do you expect, she is 19 and on a roll of making huge mistakes in her life. So the younger granddaughter tells me that "you won't get to see my sister anymore grandma, she moved out." I said, I bet you miss her. She said, "I do, but I called her and she said she is going to come and see me tonight. But I think she lied, she isn't going to come and see me." The conversation went on. It upset me that someone 5 yrs old would know that her sister isn't very reliable and she can't trust what she says to her. How does that happen, that the people who love you don't take priority, that you cannot be trusted? The happy ending is the 19 yr old went to see the 5 year old and they had fun. I wonder what she would think if she knew what her sister said?

No comments: