Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Every year at this time (late March or early April) I get this urge to have some Canadian Whiskey. My husband automatically recognizes what is going on. I almost never drink Whiskey, I love it but as I have gotten older it doesn't always agree with my tummy. None the less I have a drink. You see, the one thing I associate Canadian Whiskey with is my father, his birthday is April 4. He passed away over 30 years ago. I miss him, but that doesn't really have anything to do with the desire to drink whiskey, I miss him all the time. We started a tradition that he had which was to cook prime rib for the family dinner on Christmas Eve. We have quite a few other things that he passed on to us as well. It is just natural, I suppose. But every year when out of the blue, without even thinking about him I pipe up and say, I have a desire for a glass of whiskey, my husband says, "Isn't you dad's birthday coming up?"

Gotta love someone that knows you that well. So Daddy tomorrow we are drinking whiskey, we will raise a glass to you, to all the things you left us with. Love you.

No comments: